A Fund for Women
A Fund for Women brings people together to support the women and girls of our community in reaching their full potential.
UW-Madison First Wave artists perform and advocate at A Fund for Women’s 2016 Imagine Madison
Fundraising and grantmaking is the core of our mission to transform Dane County so that all women and girls thrive. Since 1993, when a visionary group of original donors raised $100,000 to start an endowment fund, A Fund for Women has awarded some 120 grants totaling more than $1.2 million to nonprofit programs and initiatives. When we empower women and girls, we improve the world.
Why Give to A Fund for Women
- Build the culture of women’s philanthropy
- Empower women and girls to reach their potential
- Inspire all women to help women
As a permanent endowment, A Fund for Women has grown over decades through gifts large and small from people who care about these issues. Investing in women is a proven pathway to economic security for families in Dane County, and our current grantmaking program supports women and girls throughout their financial life cycle. Your support helps area women and girls earn a living, save resources, and invest wisely in themselves, their families and their futures.
Partnering for Impact
- A Fund for Women partners with Madison Community Foundation to manage more than $2 million in assets. These resources are pooled and invested with all of MCF's assets for long-term growth.
- Guided by community needs and opportunities, as well as input from our supporters, A Fund for Women’s annual grantmaking program targets the most proven and promising programs with the potential to deliver the highest impact.
- A Fund for Women thoroughly reviews applications and always strives to use donors’ resources wisely.
- Grant recipients submit program evaluations halfway through and at the end of the grant period. A Fund for Women uses the information to assess its own grantmaking effectiveness as well as prioritize and plan future fundraising and grantmaking efforts.
It’s time to move beyond conversations and create real and lasting change for Dane County women and girls. When women thrive, everybody wins.”
– Therese Gulbransen, donor, Past Chair, A Fund for Women
Will You Join Us?
Please consider a gift to A Fund for Women today.
Leave a Legacy
Give to A Fund for Women in your will or estate plan.