American Girl's Fund for Children
The Fund for Children (FFC) is a component fund of the Madison Community Foundation, advised by executives of American Girl, LLC, a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. FFC supports innovative programming for children ages 0-18 in Dane County.
To that end, the Fund will entertain proposals for programs that:
- Expose children to excellence in arts, culture, entertainment, or hands-on education related to the arts or the environment.
- Illustrate collaboration with other local organizations and/or schools in Dane County, Wisconsin.
- Support or complement classroom curriculum.
- Foster cooperation between children, parents and teachers.
- Serve children in Dane County.
- Indicate that a grant from the FFC can be leveraged to secure matching grants from other corporations and foundations, individuals, the county, state or other funding sources.
Click here to view recent grant awards from A Fund For Children.
The Fund for Children does not provide support for the following:
- Annual operations.
- Endowments, individuals or scholarships.
- Travel funds, benefit tickets, or courtesy advertising.
- Organizations that might in any way pose a conflict with the Fund's goals, programs, products or employees.
- Health and human services programs.
- Capital projects or equipment.
Grant applications must be postmarked by August 1st (or the next business day should the 1st fall on a weekend).
- The FFC entertains grant requests for a minimum of $5,000 and a maximum of $10,000 per requesting organization.
- Organizations are limited to one application per grant cycle.
- All applications and evaluations must be submitted in the requested format.
- Generally, the FFC is not a sole-project funding source.
- If an applicant organization is not a federally registered 501(c)(3), another organization must agree to serve as fiscal agent. A letter of agreement signed by both parties and a copy of the fiscal agent's 501(c)(3) must accompany the proposal.
- All grant recipients are required to provide a Final Grant Evaluation including a detailed budget. Past grant recipients will be excluded from further grant consideration if an evaluation has not been completed for prior funding. Evaluation forms are mailed to grant recipients at the time payment is requested.
Grant seekers are strongly encouraged to contact Tom Linfield via email or at (608) 232-1763 prior to submitting a grant request.
The Fund for Children Grant Guidelines, Grant Application and Grant Evaluation are available here.